Founded in 1981, New England Presenters (NEP) is a non-profit, regional consortium of over 50 organizations consisting of performing arts presenters from public and private colleges and universities, preparatory schools, municipal arts agencies and community based organizations of all sizes.
NEP serves its membership by facilitating block booking of tours by performing artists that reduce fees to individual presenters; commissioning new works in dance, music and mixed art forms that tour the New England region; supporting special projects by artists, sometimes in collaboration with other regional presenting groups and, providing professional development opportunities for presenters to exchange management and artistic ideas.
Your organization’s participation in New England Presenters is key. Members of NEP take an active role in defining the mission of the organization. Membership meetings, usually held monthly, are located at member sites throughout New England. Meetings focus on topics such as block booking, current issues facing the arts, effective marketing strategies and other managerial issues that face all arts organizations.
NEP maintains liaison with the Association of Performing Arts Presenters (APAP), the National Association of Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA), the New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA), the Arts Presenters of Northern New England (APNNE), and the six state arts agencies.
We invite you to become a member of NEP. Regional consortia are vital to the strength and development of our profession. Annual dues are $75 to any member organization. To apply, click here, fill out the application and click the Submit button. You will receive confirmation via email that your application has been sent and someone will be in touch with you.
Benefits of NEP Membership:
- Savings in artist fees through block booking
- Access to special touring opportunities, projects and new works
- Information sharing
- Peer support and networking
- Combined professional expertise
- NEP members serve a combined audience base of 18 million in urban and rural areas
- Member organizations spend more than $7 million annually in fees paid to performing artists
- Organizations can save 20%-40% when participating in block booking
- NEP returns to the performing arts a substantial portion of its annual budget through special projects and the commission of new works.
- Organization must have non profit status
- Organization must be primarily engaged in presenting artists (not primarily in the representation or management of artists)
- Organization must have a commitment to professional management
- Organizations must actively participate in meetings and other activities